Finally apple has announced its first version AR/VR headset and ecosystem.
- Targeted at power users and developers
- Costs 3500$
- Comes with external battery for a 2 hour device autonomy when not tethered directly to power
- Primary inputs for the systems are your eyes and hand/finger gestures
- As expected, high vertical integration with other apple products, eg, extending the Mac-book laptop with “infinite” screens
- Apple Keynote
- Apple - Preparing for VisionOS
- Apple - Learn about VisionOS
- Get started with building apps for spatial computing
- Develop your first immersive app
- Meet Safari for spatial computing
- The CSS
hoverwill be conscripted by the platform to provide user feedback when you are hovering the page with your eyes
- The CSS
- Design considerations for vision and motion
- Build great games for spatial computing
- Meet SwiftUI for spatial computing
- 21/06/2023 - SDK is released.
- 05/06/2023 - Apple Vision is announced.
Raw ideias from Stephen Wolfram
Seems like it's AR time again.. (Some decade [like neural nets] it'll just work) I just looked in my archives and found some notes I emailed to myself in 2012 (with previous [VR] ones from the 1990s) pic.twitter.com/0S3X7ULvmU— Stephen Wolfram (@stephen_wolfram) June 2, 2023